Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Visiting The Rugrats

Is there anything more beautiful than driving through hours of Minnesota country side blanketed with snow?

Well, yes. A few things: My husband's giggly smile when his nephews or brothers tickle him, the sweet innocence of two almost-three-year-old boys asleep side by side, the shock of blond that tops our youngest neice's head like whipped cream on pie. Oh, and the warm blue of a day when the sun actually SHINES. Like it's supposed to.

We spent the weekend hanging out with the Terror Twins, who I'm sure will carry that terror right into age three, and their brother -- our brilliant six-year-old nephew who apparently likes homework about as much as I like cold weather.

After two days of awakening to the twins' screams and one Incredibles-themed birthday party, we moved to Husband's other brother's house where we awoke instead to the pounding of Blond Baby, jumping on our heads. Oh, I meant jumping in her bouncy seat. And I read dozens upon dozens of princess stories to The Cutest Creature To Walk The Earth, our three-year-old neice. Sometimes I think it's pointless to anticipate having adorable children when we already know the Cutest Creature is taken.

We were in the hallway, beginning the 11-minute multi-layered dressing procedure necessary before going outside for three seconds to climb in the car and go to the airport, when Cutest Creature peeked around the corner and said, "I love you, Aunt L."

Then my face started dripping and I melted into a puddle.

Husband asked, "What about me?"

She paused a minute, looking thoughtful, and then said, "Yup. I love you, too."

One more point for moving to Minnesota someday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie Baby Ticker