Monday, January 10, 2005

We're back (the short version).

And by that I mean me, and the child growing in my womb, who has been busy pressing on the waistline of my pants and causing me to heave at the sight of a Starbucks. I am feeling all the things you’d think: shocked, blessed, thrilled, scared to death, disbelieving, somewhat like an alien vessel and madly in love.

One of my girlfriends told me she thought she could see my belly today, and I decided it was time to tell the Internet…and my boss. I’m 11 weeks, 1 day along, and yes I am already wearing pants a size bigger.

All this time I haven’t posted, I have been busy walking around with an open mouth or silly grin on my face getting practically nothing done at home or at work. I’ve also been busy puking, but that’s for another time.

I have seen my little inhabitant projected by way of sonogram onto a TV screen, and she looks exactly like a fuzzy lima bean. Do you think he gets that from me or from Husband? At the second ultrasound, the bean was jumping around.

Anyone want to take bets on the kid’s hair – blond and stick straight like Husband’s, dark brown and ultra-curly like mine, or some combination? What about eyes – blue or brown? How 'bout short (I’m 5’4") or tall (Husband’s 6’5")?

I have written quite a few entries for you over the past months that I was compelled to hold back until I told work about the Fuzzy Bean – word gets around fast at a newspaper. I will post those entries over the next week or so.

I’m warning you now, if you don’t like googly-sweet baby chatting, run fast from this blog. As far as I’m concerned, I’ve got a miracle manifesting right this minute, right there in my belly. Really, can you imagine me writing about much else?

p.s. A great big thank you to those of you who were so supportive when I freaked out about being infertile when I was actually pregnant – I choose to blame my fatalistic attitude on the hormones. And to all of the fabulous women whose blogs I read who have had it so hard, I am still here for you, and I am still reading and hurting along with you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie Baby Ticker